Local forest landowners who own stands of northern hardwoods have, in the past, had no difficulty in selling quality saw timber-sized trees. However, to properly manage hardwood stands, a landowner shouldn’t just harvest the big, quality trees (i.e. the valuable trees) but also harvest some …
TUSTIN — Rotary Club of Cadillac sent three students to the Life Leadership Conference held at the Kettunen Center in Tustin. Grace McKnight, Tina Yunes, Rotary exchange student from Brazil, and Spencer Richardson were the Cadillac High School participants.
Many local gardeners look forward to their vegetable gardens beginning to yield their bounty in July. At the same time, enthusiasm for working in the garden during the hot and muggy days of mid-summer can be difficult to muster, especially if weeds and insects are threatening your dream of a…
Two students from the Wexford-Missaukee Career Technical Center competed in June at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
Oak wilt has gotten a lot of press recently, as it should, because this devastating disease can kill a tree in the span of a month or less. The conservation district has received several calls lately about oaks that look unhealthy, and upon inspection, it turns out that in several of these c…
In June, members of the Cadillac and Kellogg for Youth Committee, an advisory committee to the Cadillac Area Community Foundation, attended the annual Council on Michigan Foundations Leadership Training at Central Michigan University. Attending were Grace McKnight, Spencer Richardson, Grant …
- AP News in Brief at 12:04 a.m. EDT
- Today in History
- It's never too early to think about your child's education
- Two additional Wexford County COVID-19 deaths
- COVID surge locally is 'as bad as we've ever been'
- MDOT Adopt-A-Highway volunteers to clean roadsides
- Manton man charged with police assault, resist or obstruct
- Taco Bell retiree to be honored with parade
- Cadillac man paralyzed, fighting for his life after being infected with MRSA 'superbug'
- Patricia Briggs
- Adam Briggs
- Chase reaching nearly 100 mph ends with spike strips near Cadillac city limits
- Marshall J. Forbes
- Cadillac charged with 18 felony offenses
- Cadillac Police release name of victim in fatal crash
- Jason Edward Kiser
- Public Record — Wexford County Circuit Court
- Former Osceola County sheriff's deputy sentenced on child porn, drug crimes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.