Local forest landowners who own stands of northern hardwoods have, in the past, had no difficulty in selling quality saw timber-sized trees. However, to properly manage hardwood stands, a landowner shouldn’t just harvest the big, quality trees (i.e. the valuable trees) but also harvest some …
TUSTIN — Rotary Club of Cadillac sent three students to the Life Leadership Conference held at the Kettunen Center in Tustin. Grace McKnight, Tina Yunes, Rotary exchange student from Brazil, and Spencer Richardson were the Cadillac High School participants.
Many local gardeners look forward to their vegetable gardens beginning to yield their bounty in July. At the same time, enthusiasm for working in the garden during the hot and muggy days of mid-summer can be difficult to muster, especially if weeds and insects are threatening your dream of a…
Two students from the Wexford-Missaukee Career Technical Center competed in June at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
Oak wilt has gotten a lot of press recently, as it should, because this devastating disease can kill a tree in the span of a month or less. The conservation district has received several calls lately about oaks that look unhealthy, and upon inspection, it turns out that in several of these c…
In June, members of the Cadillac and Kellogg for Youth Committee, an advisory committee to the Cadillac Area Community Foundation, attended the annual Council on Michigan Foundations Leadership Training at Central Michigan University. Attending were Grace McKnight, Spencer Richardson, Grant …
At the June 26 school board meeting, the WMISD Board thanked retiring staff for their service to the students, staff and parents of WMISD. Staff that retired this year were Barb Henrickson, Michael Hughes, Deb Kasza, Barb Witkowski and John Wimmler along with board members, Barb Parmenter an…
- Rangers sweep Rangers, keep pace in Highland
- Lack of SANE nurse causing issues for sexual assault investigations
- NOAA predicts 'large swings' in temps, precipitation this winter
- Mesick Consolidated Schools asking for bond renewal in November
- Missaukee County kicks entrance issue to committee
- Manton man takes plea for part in armed robbery, drug-related incident
- LeRoy area fire department respond to call at LeRoy Tire Center
- Today in history: Siberian farmers get a look at dairy genetics from Marion man
- Former owner of Da Dawg House reopens restaurant as Firehouse 115
- Northwood Hotel will not be torn down
- Mancelona woman charged with failing to return 2008 Arcadia
- Mitchell heir, 97, remembers growing up on Cass St.
- Utility companies preparing for widespread outages as winds, storms hit Michigan
- Crews about 30-40% finished with Cadillac Lofts construction
- Cadillac man charged with animal killing/torture
- Appeals court reverses Judge Fagerman in discrimination lawsuit against Cadillac officer
- Former BOC, elected officials remember Ken Hinton after unexpected death
- Here comes the sun
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.