Local forest landowners who own stands of northern hardwoods have, in the past, had no difficulty in selling quality saw timber-sized trees. However, to properly manage hardwood stands, a landowner shouldn’t just harvest the big, quality trees (i.e. the valuable trees) but also harvest some …
TUSTIN — Rotary Club of Cadillac sent three students to the Life Leadership Conference held at the Kettunen Center in Tustin. Grace McKnight, Tina Yunes, Rotary exchange student from Brazil, and Spencer Richardson were the Cadillac High School participants.
Many local gardeners look forward to their vegetable gardens beginning to yield their bounty in July. At the same time, enthusiasm for working in the garden during the hot and muggy days of mid-summer can be difficult to muster, especially if weeds and insects are threatening your dream of a…
Two students from the Wexford-Missaukee Career Technical Center competed in June at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
Oak wilt has gotten a lot of press recently, as it should, because this devastating disease can kill a tree in the span of a month or less. The conservation district has received several calls lately about oaks that look unhealthy, and upon inspection, it turns out that in several of these c…
In June, members of the Cadillac and Kellogg for Youth Committee, an advisory committee to the Cadillac Area Community Foundation, attended the annual Council on Michigan Foundations Leadership Training at Central Michigan University. Attending were Grace McKnight, Spencer Richardson, Grant …
At the June 26 school board meeting, the WMISD Board thanked retiring staff for their service to the students, staff and parents of WMISD. Staff that retired this year were Barb Henrickson, Michael Hughes, Deb Kasza, Barb Witkowski and John Wimmler along with board members, Barb Parmenter an…
- Pine River boys top NMC
- McBain boys beat Houghton Lake
- LeRoy couple stuck on cruise ship for weeks amid coronavirus scare
- Sewer Authority updates bylaws
- Wexford Co. Commissioners vote to support 2nd Amendment with resolution
- Move-in date for new Wexford County Central Dispatch facility quickly approaching
- Dropping the puck for a safer community
- Pine River building school pride with Building a Buck event
- Cadillac man sentenced to prison for selling, possessing meth
- Father's stroke leads Cadillac couple to wed in hospital chapel
- Boon man headed to prison after CSC, child abuse convictions
- 'Help us save our town'
- Former Cadillac man producing 'Snow White Rock Musical' in Chicago
- Proof you can come home again
- He was once on Medicaid. Now his family owns a growing list of businesses.
- Public Record — 28th Circuit Court
- Cadillac man charged with multiple larceny, B&E offenses
- Ann Louise Wemple
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.