Local forest landowners who own stands of northern hardwoods have, in the past, had no difficulty in selling quality saw timber-sized trees. However, to properly manage hardwood stands, a landowner shouldn’t just harvest the big, quality trees (i.e. the valuable trees) but also harvest some …
TUSTIN — Rotary Club of Cadillac sent three students to the Life Leadership Conference held at the Kettunen Center in Tustin. Grace McKnight, Tina Yunes, Rotary exchange student from Brazil, and Spencer Richardson were the Cadillac High School participants.
Many local gardeners look forward to their vegetable gardens beginning to yield their bounty in July. At the same time, enthusiasm for working in the garden during the hot and muggy days of mid-summer can be difficult to muster, especially if weeds and insects are threatening your dream of a…
Two students from the Wexford-Missaukee Career Technical Center competed in June at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
Oak wilt has gotten a lot of press recently, as it should, because this devastating disease can kill a tree in the span of a month or less. The conservation district has received several calls lately about oaks that look unhealthy, and upon inspection, it turns out that in several of these c…
In June, members of the Cadillac and Kellogg for Youth Committee, an advisory committee to the Cadillac Area Community Foundation, attended the annual Council on Michigan Foundations Leadership Training at Central Michigan University. Attending were Grace McKnight, Spencer Richardson, Grant …
At the June 26 school board meeting, the WMISD Board thanked retiring staff for their service to the students, staff and parents of WMISD. Staff that retired this year were Barb Henrickson, Michael Hughes, Deb Kasza, Barb Witkowski and John Wimmler along with board members, Barb Parmenter an…
- Buckley claims Comet Cup again
- Fixing local road woes will take more than construction projects
- Manton wins NMC Early Bird Invitational
- Manton sweeps NMC XC Invite
- Father, daughter meet after 40 years
- Log jam installation will help fish
- Coyote Crossing Resort adds outdoor stage area for live performances
- Pine River hosting welcome back to school events
- Tractor driver ticketed for going too fast after crash in Missaukee County
- Don't forget REAL ID goes into effect Oct. 1, 2020
- Wexford Co. inmate charged for possessing 'contraband'
- Cadillac woman charged for failing to pay child support
- New Jersey golf course designer relocates business to Manton
- MSP looking for help finding elderly woman
- State budget delay leaves some questions
- Supreme Court denies request regarding Wexford man’s marijuana conviction
- Cadillac woman charged with police ARO, alcohol-related charges
- Police report increase in ‘crime of opportunity’
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.