TOKYO (AP) — Japan announced Monday it will suspend entry of all foreign visitors from around the world as a new coronavirus variant spreads, prompting an increasing number of countries to tighten their borders.
BEIJING (AP) — Asian stock markets fell further Monday after the omicron variant of the coronavirus was found in more countries and governments imposed travel controls.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Cases of the omicron variant of the coronavirus popped up in countries on opposite sides of the world Sunday and many governments rushed to close their borders even as scientists cautioned that it's not clear if the new variant is more alarming than other versio…
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — The World Health Organization on Sunday urged countries around the world not to impose flight bans on southern African nations due to concerns over the new omicron variant.
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — Hondurans voted Sunday for a successor to deeply unpopular President Juan Orlando Hernández in elections that could oust his National Party after 12 years in power.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious diseases expert, blasted Sen. Ted Cruz for suggesting that Fauci be investigated for statements he made about COVID-19 and said the criticism by the Texas Republican was an attack on science.
PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) — The overcast, drizzly skies match the somber mood at the Tshwane University of Technology, a hot spot in South Africa’s latest surge of COVID-19 cases, apparently driven by the new omicron variant that is leading countries around the world to impose new restrictions.
LONDON (AP) — South African scientists identified a new version of the coronavirus that they say is behind a recent spike in COVID-19 infections in Gauteng, the country’s most populous province.
BERLIN (AP) — Swiss voters on Sunday gave clear backing to legislation that introduced a system with special COVID-19 certificates under which only people who have been vaccinated, recovered or tested negative can attend public events and gatherings.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Strolling his church's rooftop among 630 solar panels, Bishop Richard Howell Jr. acknowledged climate change isn't the most pressing concern for his predominantly Black congregation — even though it disproportionately harms people of color and the poor.
CHICAGO (AP) — A popular actor steps out onto the street and is brutally reminded that, despite his fame and wealth, places still exist where the color of his skin and sexual orientation put him in danger.
CALAIS, France (AP) — At the makeshift camps in France near Calais and Dunkirk, migrants are digging in, waiting for their chance to make a dash across the English Channel despite the deaths of at least 27 people this week when their boat sank a few miles (kilometers) from the French coast.
- Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic, and Jazmine Sullivan Win Big at 2021 “Soul Train Awards” Presented by BET, Taking Home Awards for Song of the Year and Album of the Year, Respectively
- Japan bans entry of foreign visitors as omicron spreads
- Asian stocks fall further after new virus variant spreads
- L.A. Lakers 110, Detroit 106
- AP News in Brief at 12:04 a.m. EST
- LeBron has 33 points, Lakers beat Pistons in calm rematch
- NBA Glance
- Today in History
- Donated Cadillac Christmas tree goes up, comes down after bare spots deemed too big
- Adam Christopher Musselman
- Two injured, M-55 closed near Benson Road due to crash
- Paul Scott Ashbay
- Cadillac woman charged with meth-related, other felony
- Deana M. Hoornstra
- Kenneth Eugene Payne
- With EGLE air permit granted, Evart potash facility developers 'truly shovel ready'
- Cadillac Christmas in the Park returning this year
- Michael Alyn Korpi
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.