KALKASKA, Mich. (AP) — A school district in northern Michigan will pay its superintendent while he's on leave after prosecutors dropped felony charges against him and filed misdemeanors.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — There is a ray of good news as Gov. Gretchen Whitmer prepares to renew her push for major new spending to fix Michigan's roads and bridges: Republican legislative leaders say addressing the funding is a priority for them, too.
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Police are scouring the internet for clues about plans for mayhem, workers are putting up chain link holding pens around Virginia's picturesque Capitol Square, and one lawmaker even plans to hide in a safe house in advance of what's expected to be an unprecedented show o…
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — At the urging of conservative advocacy groups, Republican legislators in more than a dozen states are promoting bills that focus on transgender young people. One batch of bills would bar doctors from providing them certain gender-related medical treatment; another batch…
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) — Events are scheduled across Michigan to honor the work and legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and recognize the federal holiday named after the civil rights leader.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Pete Rose was taking a break from signing autographs at the MGM Grand hotel when asked a question he’s uniquely qualified to address.
FLINT, Mich. (AP) — Flint is entrenched in more than $370 million in pension legacy costs that remain unfunded, according to a new audit that also revealed significant errors and financial risks that occurred under the purview of a former mayor.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Republican victories in state legislative and gubernatorial elections in 2010 put them in a commanding position the next year to draw new voting districts for the U.S. House and state legislatures that helped fortify Republican power for much of the following decade.
Australia’s unprecedented wildfires season has so far charred 40,000 square miles (104,000 square kilometers) of brushland, rainforests, and national parks — killing by one estimate more than a billion wild animals. Scientists fear some of the island continent’s unique and colorful species m…
Here's your look at highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
CADILLAC — With recent warm spells and rain turning Northern Michigan into a dreary mess the last couple of weeks, local businesses are impatient for winter to return.
CADILLAC — Through several years of trial and error, Cadillac Director of Utilities Jeff Dietlin has finely tuned the skills he needs to build an impressive ice tree. All he needs now is some cold weather.
CADILLAC — A 42-year-old Cadillac woman pleaded guilty Friday in 28th Circuit Court from a Ypsilanti prison on charges on drug-related offenses that led to the overdose death of a Cadillac man.
CADILLAC — A $90,000 payment was made in December to the plaintiff in a lawsuit regarding an allegation of racial discrimination by a Cadillac City Police Department officer.
LANSING — Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson reminds residents that all Secretary of State offices and the Office of the Great Seal will be closed Monday, January 20, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
CADILLAC — Taking safety into consideration, the Department of Natural Resources will be upping snowmobile patrols during Martin Luther King Jr. weekend.
- Lake City girls knock off Manton
- Low temps, snow can't come soon enough for Cadillac-area businesses
- Manton boys top Lake City
- Cadillac shuts down Alpena for win
- Prosecutor, sheriff share details on jail situation
- Warm spells delay growth of Cadillac ice tree
- Cadillac woman accepts plea in Cadillac drug overdose case
- Case evaluation results in $90K payment in John Doe case
- Firefighter sent to Australia is the only one from Michigan at the moment
- Grand Rapids man dead after snowmobile crash in Boon Township
- First storm of 2020 looks to be a good one
- Local angler tries magnetic fishing for first time on Cadillac canal
- Mesick man charged with possession of analogues
- Lake City man headed to prison on meth-related convictions
- Wexford-Missaukee Public Defenders Office, caseload growing
- Let's try this again: for second weekend in a row, forecasters predict big snowstorm
- Reed City to consider recreational marijuana
- Irene Frances Love