GRAND HAVEN, Mich. (AP) — Paul McMullen, a runner who was a member of the 1996 U.S. Olympic team, died in a ski accident in northern Michigan, Eastern Michigan University said Friday. He was 49.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Court of Appeals on Friday ordered a judge to reconsider adding a third-degree murder charge against a former Minneapolis police officer charged in George Floyd’s death, handing a potential victory to prosecutors, but setting up a possible delay to a trial se…
NEW YORK (AP) — After growing cobwebs for nearly a year, movie theaters in New York City reopen Friday, returning film titles to Manhattan marquees that had for the last 12 months instead read messages like “Wear a mask” and “We’ll be back soon.”
NEW YORK (AP) — A new national study adds strong evidence that mask mandates can slow the spread of the coronavirus, and that allowing dining at restaurants can increase cases and deaths.
DALLAS (AP) — The Dallas Police Department allowed an officer to continue patrolling for more than a year while investigating whether he ordered two people to be killed because it didn't want to tip him off, the city's former police chief said.
A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked them out. Here are the facts:
WASHINGTON — The White House says two new mass vaccination sites will soon be open, in Atlanta and Cleveland, each with the ability to provide 6,000 daily coronavirus shots.
DETROIT, March 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Acoufelt and Pophouse today announced their partnership to launch an exclusive collection of QuietPrint™ acoustic panels, titled '1912.' The partnership merges Acoufelt's acoustic expertise and capabilities with the design intelligence of Detroit-based …
PITTSBURGH, Pa., March 5, 2021 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Valentis today announced that Martha Hunter will become the company’s first-ever Vice President of Strategy, effective March 2021. She fills a new position helping the company meet growing demand for expansion. Valentis is committed to a…
DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas police officer was arrested Thursday on two counts of capital murder, more than a year and a half after a man told investigators that he kidnapped and killed two people at the officer's instruction in 2017, authorities said.
- New contract tracing tool coming soon
- Ages 50+ can get vaccine, health department says
- Cadillac boys gets back on track against TC West
- Balanced Bucks win big at Evart
- TC West's bigs too much for Cadillac girls
- Mesick girls overcome fatigue to best Brethren
- COVID closes Wexford Co. Clerk's Office until further notice
- Buckley boys best Onekama
- Nancy E. Siddall
- Paul McMullen remembered for running, more
- Brooke Nicole Purkiss
- Maggie's Tavern has been closed since last spring; owners waiting for opportunity to reopen
- Do you know these people?
- David Richard Almy
- Betty Joanne Bell
- Large barn near airport in Haring Township destroyed by fire Wednesday
- Sheila Kaye Clinton
- 'Until you experience that, you just don't know how bad it is'