'Cooking for One' class
CADILLAC — MSU Extension is holding a "Cooking for One" class on Tuesdays from June 11 to July 16.
The class is a nutrition program to help make cooking for one person easier. Classes are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and run for six weeks.
"Cooking for One" includes nutrition basics, recipes for one, meal planning sheets and food safety tips.
Class size is limited, so please pre-register by calling 231-779-9420.
CADILLAC — The Senior Expo will be held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the Wexford Civic Center.
There will be a Western theme, feel free to dress up.
Senior citizen center lists schedule of events
CADILLAC — The Cadillac Senior Center has scheduled the following events for today through Tuesday, June 18, at the center. No drop-in office hours on Tuesdays. Reservations must be made for lunches no later than the day before by calling (231) 779-9420.
• Tuesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes, noon lunch at Harrietta Village Hall
• Wednesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 10 a.m. painting class, 10 a.m. Wii games, 10 a.m. aquatics, noon lunch of Greek pasta salad, breaded chicken breast sandwich, crinkle cut fries, yogurt parfait and chilled fruit, 12:30 p.m. knitting
• Thursday — 10:30 a.m. Tai Chi — Advanced, 11 a.m. card creations, noon lunch of tossed salad, pepperoni pizza, roasted cauliflower, chocolate chip cookies and fresh fruit, 12:30 p.m. euchre, 1 p.m. line dance
• Friday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 10 a.m. aquatics, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes, 12:30 p.m. bridge club
• Monday — 10 a.m. aquatics, 10:30 a.m. Tai Chi, noon lunch of taco salad, beef or chicken tacos with cheese, sour cream, pico, guacamole, chips, Churros with ice cream and fresh fruit, 12:30 p.m. Bingo
• Tuesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 8:30 a.m. Soaring Eagle, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes
Lake City Senior Center
LAKE CITY — The Lake City Senior Center has scheduled the following events:
Meals are served at noon on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Reservations must be made no later than the day before by calling the center during normal hours at 839-4351:
• Tuesday — Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Potluck at noon, bring a dish to pass. 1 p.m. card Bingo.
• Wednesday — Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Noon, lunch bunch
Manton Senior Center
MANTON — The Manton Senior Center has scheduled the following events for today through Tuesday, June 18, at the center. Suggested donation is $3 if over 60, $5 if under 60. Milk and bread are served with every meal. For more information, call 231-824-6961.
• Tuesday — 10 a.m. Tai Chi. 11 a.m. Exercise. Lunch of meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, green beans and fruit.
• Wednesday, June 12 — Wii bowling. Lunch of chef salad, relish tray and cottage cheese fluff.
• Thursday, June 13 — 11 a.m. exercise. Lunch of turkey broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes and cranberries.
• Friday, June 14 — Father's Day. Lunch of swiss steak, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and blueberry cobbler.
• Monday, June 17 — Euchre. Lunch of sweet and sour meatballs, salad, rice, Midoroi blend and pineapple.
• Tuesday, June 18 — 10 a.m. Tai Chi. 11 a.m. Exercise. Lunch of wet burritos, veggie tray, corn and fruit cocktail.
Senior bowling league
CADILLAC — A senior bowling league meets each Tuesday and Friday at 1 p.m. at Parkview Lanes.
The cost to participate is $7.50 per day of bowling.
Grand Slam Bridge Club
Results from play on June 4:
1. Sue Armstead
2. Joy Herr
3. Jackie Moffit
Cadillac Duplicate Bridge Club
Results from play on June 6:
1. Norma Putvin and Joan White
2. Joann Furlette and Marilyn Grey
3. Ward Marsh and Cecil Henry
4. Carole Hovey and Joan Irvine
Cadillac Senior Center Bridge
Results from play on June 7:
1. Glen Corp
2. Joy Herr
3. Joan Irving
4. Gordon Schaaf