Senior Green available
CADILLAC — Free locally grown produce will be available on Wednesday through September through the Senior Green program at the Cadillac Senior Center.
Produce will be available from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays. The produce is supplied by the Cadillac Farmer's Market and local backyard gardeners.
Project Fresh program
LANSING — The Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH in Michigan, provides older adults who qualify with unprocessed, Michigan-grown products from authorized Farmers Markets and roadside stands throughout Michigan.
Qualifying applicants must attend a short nutritional workshop to receive their coupon booklet worth $20 for Michigan grown fresh fruit and vegetables. There are only 200 booklets of coupons and are available on a first-come basis to qualifying seniors.
Qualifying monthly income is $1,872 for a household of 1, Household of 2 — $2,538. Please call 231-775-0133 to get your name on the list.
Senior citizen center lists schedule of events
CADILLAC — The Cadillac Senior Center has scheduled the following events for today through Tuesday, July 16, at the center. No drop-in office hours on Tuesdays. Reservations must be made for lunches no later than the day before by calling (231) 779-9420.
• Tuesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes, noon lunch at Harrietta Village Hall with program to follow
• Wednesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 10 a.m. painting class, 10 a.m. Wii games, 10 a.m. aquatics, noon lunch of strawberry summer salad, chicken cordon bleu, buttered fettuccine, roasted broccoli and ambrosia salad, 12:30 p.m. knitting, 12:30 p.m. hand reflexology
• Thursday — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Celebrate the Center open house with scavenger hunt, fun activities and guided tours. Includes free lunch of burgers, beef hot dog, condiments, potato salad, BBQ baked beans, chips and strawberry shortcake.
• Friday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 10 a.m. aquatics, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes, 12:30 p.m. bridge club
• Monday — 10 a.m. aquatics, 10:30 a.m. Tai Chi, noon lunch of coleslaw, stirfry chicken, stirfry vegetables, sweet and sour sauce, teriyaki sauce, breadstick, chocolate pie and fresh fruit, 12:30 p.m. Bingo
• Tuesday — 8 a.m. aerobics, 8:30 a.m. Soaring Eagle, 1 p.m. bowling at Parkview Lanes
Lake City Senior Center
LAKE CITY — The Lake City Senior Center has scheduled the following events:
Meals are served at noon on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Reservations must be made no later than the day before by calling the center during normal hours at 839-4351:
• Tuesday — Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Potluck at noon, bring a dish to pass. 1 p.m. card Bingo.
• Wednesday — Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Noon, lunch bunch
Manton Senior Center
MANTON — The Manton Senior Center has scheduled the following events for today through Tuesday, July 16, at the center. Suggested donation is $3 if over 60, $5 if under 60. Milk and bread are served with every meal. For more information, call 231-824-6961.
• Tuesday — 10 a.m. Tai Chi. 11 a.m. Exercise. Lunch of ham and asparagus casserole, peas and carrots, and mandarin oranges.
• Wednesday, July 10 — Wii bowling. Lunch of spaghetti with meatballs, Italian blend, tossed salad and pears.
• Thursday, July 11 — 11 a.m. Exercise. Lunch is cook's choice.
• Friday, July 12 — Quarter Bingo. Lunch of chef salad, relish tray and cottage cheese fluff.
• Monday, July 15 — Foot clinic. Lunch of turkey fillets, mashed potatoes, carrots and cranberries.
• Tuesday, July 16 — 10 a.m. Tai Chi. 11 a.m. Exercise. Lunch of goulash, spinach and beets, and pears.
Senior bowling league
CADILLAC — A senior bowling league meets each Tuesday and Friday at 1 p.m. at Parkview Lanes.
The cost to participate is $7.50 per day of bowling.
Grand Slam Bridge Club
Results from play on July 2:
1. Joan Irving
2. Mary Young
3. Joan Host
Cadillac Senior Center Bridge
Results from play on July 5:
1. Glen Corp
2. Phyllis Trussler
3. Sandy Zumbrotk
4. Joy Herr