LEROY — It's the second weekend of July, and for decades that has meant one thing in the Osceola County village of LeRoy — Razzasque Days.
It's OK if you don't know what "Razzasque Days" means. Nobody else does, either.
"We're not sure, admitted Lori Servello, the festival's president. "We don't know where the name actually originates from.
What festival organizers do know is that LeRoy's logging festival of yesteryear used to be called "Razzasque Days," so when community members decided to revive a summer homecoming celebration for the community, they decided to resurrect the name as well.
Described as "community-based" and "family-friendly," Razzasque Days is the second weekend in July, the 12th and 13th.
Today in the 12th, and the festival will kick off with a number of notable events, including a golf tournament, carnival rides, kid's parade, and live music.
The festival will rev into high gear Saturday with a 5K race to start off the day, followed by the Grand Parade, car show, horseshoe tournament, and a "pyrodynamic" stunt show, among many other events.
Bands that will be performing at this year's Razzasque Days include the Drew Hale Band, Electric Red, Grand Traverse Pipes and Drums, The Smokin' Dobroleles, 1000 Watt Prophets, and the Boot Strap Boys.
For information, go to www.razzdays.org.
Razzasque Days schedule of events:
Friday, July 12
• 9 a.m. — LeRoy Razzasque Days Golf Tournament. Four-person scramble, shotgun start.
• 2 p.m. — Carnival rides open. Beverage tent opens. Kielbasa house opens.
• 2:30 p.m. — Beverage Tent Bingo! Join us in the beverage tent for some B-I-N-G-O!
• 4 to 5:30 p.m. — Kids' games in the park
• 5 to 7 p.m. — Games and Concessions in Fire Hall. Sponsor
• 5 to 8 p.m. — Live Music performance by The Smokin' Dobroleles in the beverage tent.
• 5:30 p.m. — Register for Prince and Princess in front of LeRoy Hardware. Participants are children 1-4 years old with a LeRoy address.
• 6 p.m. — Kid's Parade
• 6:30 p.m. — Clark the Juggler.
• 7 p.m. — Fun Factor! Kids ... Sign up to play some exciting and challenging games on stage! Contest is open to 10 participants. Test your will and show off your skill.
• 9 p.m. — Live music performance featuring: Electric Red, showcasing 80’s and 90’s music, in the beverage tent.
Saturday, July 13
• 7:30 a.m. — Registration for 11th Annual LeRoy Razzasque Days 5K Race.
• 8 to 10 a.m. — Pancake Breakfast
• 8:15 a.m. — 11th Annual Razzasque Days 5K Race begins at LeRoy Elementary
• 9:30 a.m — Grand Parade Line Up — Travler’s Bar and Grill
• 10 a.m. — Grand Parade Begins. Kielbasa House Opens. Carnival Rides open
• 11 a.m. — Carnival Rides open. Chicken BBQ and LeRoy United Methodist Church Dessert Stand.
• 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. — Games and concession in Fire Hall
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Katy Bee, Clown Entertainer will be in town
• 11:30 a.m. — 17th Annual Car Show — in front of LeRoy Hardware. Live Music performance by: Grand Traverse Pipes and Drums. Horseshoe Tournament Sign-up.
• Noon — Horseshoe Tournament. Mr. Magico Show.
• Noon to 1 a.m. — Beverage Tent open
• 1 p.m. — Register your pet in the Pet Contest! Theme: Under The Big Top.
• 2 to 3 p.m. — Clark the Juggler
• 2:30 p.m. — Bucket Brigade registration on the White Pine Trail.
• 3 p.m. — Bucket Brigade begins on the White Pine Trail. Car Show Results announced in front of LeRoy Hardware. Live Music Performance by 1000 Watt Prophets in the beverage tent.
• 3:30 p.m. — Weigh-in and registration for Arm Wrestling
• 4:30 p.m. Arm Wrestling Tournament begins
• 4:30 to 6 p.m. — Cornhole Tournament for all ages
• 5 to 8 p.m. — Live Music Performance by The Boot Strap Boys
• 6:45 p.m. — LeRoy Area Historical Society Raffle Drawing
• 7 p.m. — LeRoy Razzasque Days Drawing
• Dusk — Come watch West Michigan Burnerz put on a pyrodynamic stunt show. When the sun goes down, the town lights up!
• 9 p.m. to midnight — Live music performance featuring The Drew Hale Band