MOUNT PLEASANT — Challenging weather this spring has farmers wondering what planting, cropping, and financial options they have.
To discuss the situation and options that farmers have, Michigan State University Extension will be hosting a free meeting at the Isabella County Building Room 320, 200 North Main St., Mount Pleasant, from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, June 19.
Topics and speakers will be:
• Cropping-Planting Options — Paul Gross, MSU Extension
• Market Considerations — MSU Extension
• Crop Insurance Considerations — Matt Thelen, Farm Bureau and J.C. Colville, Jim Colville Crop Insurance
• Finance/Banking considerations — Harry Tope, GreenStone Farm Credit
• Farm Stress Resources — Shannon Lindquist, MSU Extension
• Farm Service Agency — Wayne Stickler
• Michigan Farm Bureau — Mike Mulders, District 8 Director
For more information contact Paul Gross, Isabella MSU Extension, at (989) 317-4079 or Christina Curell at (231) 745-2732.