MANTON — No one was injured in a Manton fire that engulfed an attached garage.

Residents came home from Cadillac to find their garage engulfed in flames and spreading to the attached home Friday at around 5 p.m., according to emergency officials at the scene.

With the garage in flames, the fire began to spread to inside the home. While the windows were broken and the inside burned, the extent of the structural damage was unclear at the time of publishing.

Once Manton and Cedar Creek fire departments arrived on the scene, East M-47 off of 131 was closed while fighting the fire.

Though no residents were injured, it is believed some pets were lost, officials said.

It is unknown at this time what started the fire.

Cadillac News