In reference to 10 1/2 and 11 roads: Well, our county road commission is doing a great job again. You call in to get your road graded and the call falls on deaf ears. But yet they can afford to black-top the county garage and this must be a cosmetic county.
I have always considered myself an Independent when it comes to my political flavor. I also think a newly elected president should be allowed some wiggle room when first entering this highest office. Donald Trump is no exception. However, in nearly three years, I have cringed at some of his …
The Democrat Demolition Crew, working for a party that’s abandoned Truman, has been on steroids in its efforts to politically destroy Trump ever since his legitimate election. In the crew’s judgment, Trump’s only escape from its relentless efforts is for him to either adopt the Democratic Pa…
Were you aware that local fire departments now charge individuals for cleanup of leaked fluids resulting from auto accidents? I found out the hard way, hopefully you won't have to.
I address this statement to whom it may concern, but I guess it didn't concern this person I'm about to address this letter to, because they thought it was necessary to dump a baby kitten and its dead mother in one of the local trailer park dumpsters in Cadillac and leave it to die there.
I’m writing to applaud a recent letter to this forum denouncing the spectacle in Lansing of State Representative Michele Hoitenga and Senator Curt VanderWall conspiring to sabotage efforts being made to prevent a disaster from happening in Michigan’s white-tailed deer herd.
I appreciated the article in the August 31-September 1 Cadillac News by Dale Killingbeck entitled, “Saluting those who pen our stories.‘ It bothers me when our president or anyone talks about “fake news.‘
I believe our State Government has stooped to its all-time low showcasing Music Rocker Ted Nugent, AKA (the-Motor-City-Madman) as an “expert witness‘ on chronic wasting disease and deer baiting? The same Nugent who called state officials “liars and stupid‘ castigated the citizens of Michigan…
Although it may not be obvious to most of us, we do have homeless folks, men, women and families in the Cadillac area. I have heard school counselors say they know of significant number of students that are homeless. They may be living in tents, shelters or staying with friends.
In Friday's paper we learned Trump has destroyed the clean water act, allowed drilling for fossil fuels in our national parks, made it harder for legitimate asylum seekers to come to America, and called the Bahamians bad people and blocked them from coming here. This week we learned he has m…
I have noticed the following, that the road commission is wasting their money on inefficient practices. They misuse their funds from the summer work areas. They are running down the roads with no reasons to validate their pay and operation costs. So they complain in the winter sessions of wo…
I have informed the governor of my plan for obtaining all the cash needed to fix the roads without raising the gas tax. Somehow, I suspect she rejects my idea because she has close friends in the casino industry.
Ingrained deep within the American spirit is the willingness and desire to give an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay. This independent spirit reflects no desire to simply exist on handouts from government or to depend on the generosity of others.
A recent Speak Out letter claimed the rash of gun violence killings in the United-States was, in his opinion, due to the Supreme Courts Roe-V-Wade abortion ruling, though missing was any factual data supporting this claim. To some, facts seem to be of little importance anymore especially as …
For at least 10 years a group of women have been playing volleyball on Monday nights at Franklin School during the school year free of charge. We have six to eight playing regularly. We sweep the floor, set up the net, then take down before we leave, usually around 9:15 p.m. The janitor shut…
- Rangers sweep Rangers, keep pace in Highland
- Lack of SANE nurse causing issues for sexual assault investigations
- NOAA predicts 'large swings' in temps, precipitation this winter
- Mesick Consolidated Schools asking for bond renewal in November
- Missaukee County kicks entrance issue to committee
- Manton man takes plea for part in armed robbery, drug-related incident
- LeRoy area fire department respond to call at LeRoy Tire Center
- Today in history: Siberian farmers get a look at dairy genetics from Marion man
- Former owner of Da Dawg House reopens restaurant as Firehouse 115
- Northwood Hotel will not be torn down
- Mancelona woman charged with failing to return 2008 Arcadia
- Mitchell heir, 97, remembers growing up on Cass St.
- Utility companies preparing for widespread outages as winds, storms hit Michigan
- Crews about 30-40% finished with Cadillac Lofts construction
- Cadillac man charged with animal killing/torture
- Appeals court reverses Judge Fagerman in discrimination lawsuit against Cadillac officer
- Former BOC, elected officials remember Ken Hinton after unexpected death
- Here comes the sun
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.