CINCINNATI (AP) — "People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” — Rogers Hornsby (1896-1963), baseball Hall of Famer
Days after the NFL revealed its hopes of conducting a normal regular season and playoffs, its chief medical officer warns that nothing is a certainty during the coronavirus pandemic.
EAST LANSING, Mich. – April 3 – The Michigan High School Athletic Association has canceled the remainder of the 2019-20 Winter and Spring sports seasons, in compliance with the Thursday (April 2) “state of disaster” directive by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer closing school buildings and moving educa…
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan State athletic director Bill Beekman defended basketball coach Tom Izzo on Thursday after Izzo was accused in an ESPN report of contacting a witness who was part of a 2017 criminal sexual conduct investigation involving one of his players.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Gonzaga and Michigan stood out in a study that seeded men’s and women’s NCAA Tournament brackets based on graduation rates, academic success and diversity in the head-coaching ranks.
During her four prep years at Detroit Edison Public School Academy, Gabrielle Elliott helped the Pioneers win three state championships and go 95-7 overall.
For the first time in its nearly century-and-a-half history, Wimbledon was canceled for a reason other than war, scrapped in 2020 on Wednesday because of the coronavirus pandemic.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Former Syracuse football coach Frank Maloney, who succeeded the winningest coach in school history when the program was in decline, has died. He was 79.
- Road managers: ideal weather, less traffic means fewer potholes to fill
- MHSAA shuts down prep sports
- COVID-19's impact on one business is personal
- Prayer ride, online Good Friday service scheduled in Cadillac
- Area has more tests, but more are needed
- Wexford County COVID-19 cases reaches 4
- Musnon Cadillac VP of Medical Affairs says people will not be turned away who are in need of care
- Volunteers at “Vets Serving Vets‘ build 5k pathway for Cadillac community
- Multiple warnings given to 'nonessential' businesses operating during stay home order, 1 individual charged for alleged violation
- James H. 'Jim' Scarbrough
- Wexford County has second COVID-19 case
- Wexford County at 4 cases as governor issues new order
- It's not the calm before the storm.
- Wexford, Osceola have their second COVID-19 cases
- Ebels investigated for price-gouging; Owner says just trying to help
- Osceola County has second COVID-19 case
- Osceola, Wexford have new COVID-19 cases
- Tippy Dam closing due to crowds, coronavirus