CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR will move its August road course race from Watkins Glen in upstate New York because of state health restrictions, and the event will shift instead to the road course at Daytona International Speedway.
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday he was closing in on a contract extension before coping with the COVID-19 pandemic became a top priority for all involved in the discussions.
Many familiar pregame sights won't be back when baseball and the NBA return later this month. Managers won't exchange lineup cards at home plate and basketball lineup introductions won't feature special high fives.
As baseball nears the two-week countdown to the start of its delayed season, the COVID-19 pandemic continues to keep more players, including Boston Red Sox projected opening day starter Eduardo Rodriguez, off the field.
NEW YORK (AP) — Atlanta Dream co-owner Kelly Loeffler is not in favor of the WNBA's social justice plans and has sent a letter to Commissioner Cathy Engelbert objecting to the league’s initiatives to honor the Black Lives Matter movement.
The question was perplexing to Brooks Koepka, perhaps because it was missing specific context or because it takes a lot to make him worry. He was asked going into the RBC Heritage at Hilton Head if he felt any sense of urgency.
The NHL is in position to resume playing in less than a month — with 24 teams in action, all in Canada — and could be on the verge of enjoying labor peace through 2026.
WASHINGTON (AP) — NASCAR’s layered relationship with President Donald Trump took a sharp turn Monday when Trump took a sideswipe at the racing organization for banning the Confederate flag and wrongly accused the sport’s only full-time Black driver of perpetrating “a hoax” when a crew member…
DETROIT (AP) — Spencer Torkelson has quickly showed the Detroit Tigers why they drafted him No. 1 overall this year and gave him a $8-plus million signing bonus to get in uniform for training camp.
WASHINGTON (AP) — More than a dozen Native American leaders and organizations sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday calling for the league to force Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder to change the team name immediately.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Black national anthem was born more than a century ago, but the popular hymn within the African American community called “Lift Every Voice and Sing” has resurrected a beacon of hope during nationwide protests.
DETROIT (AP) — Bryson DeChambeau pounded protein shakes and lifted iron to transform his body, adding 40 pounds of mass, and changed his game to put a premium on power.
DETROIT (AP) — Matthew Wolff has been working on his mindset, trying to have a good time regardless of results to help him perform closer to his potential.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The nearly quarter-million dollars in winning wagers reportedly placed at MGM Resorts last Sunday might be the largest sportsbook loss in Las Vegas history on bets made after an event has started.
NEW YORK (AP) — The coronavirus outbreak moved the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest from the Coney Island boardwalk to an undisclosed indoor location but the results were familiar: Joey Chestnut and Miki Sudo repeated as men's and women's champions of the annual gluttony fest on Saturday.
DETROIT (AP) — Grayson Greiner compared it to college, and JaCoby Jones wonders if it's possible to make this training camp a little more ... interesting.
DETROIT (AP) — Webb Simpson and Bryson DeChambeau were expected to be contenders at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, taking advantage of a relatively weak field and course by PGA Tour standards.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Many a fan is quick to insist they do not like politics in their sports — no kneeling, no raised fists, no T-shirt messages. Just the game or event, please and thank you.
- Wexford Co. Jail food vendor asking for temporary meal price increase
- Marion SEEDS program offering activity boxes during pandemic
- Lake City man headed to prison on drug convictions
- Cadillac man facing life sentence for CSC crimes
- Higher-than-average heat expected to drop during weekend, MDHHS offers safety recommendations
- New COVID cases doubled in the area in last two weeks
- Early morning fire does 'significant' damage to home on Sundberg Street
- Osceola County beach under contamination advisory
- Mall owners buy theater chain
- Fatal accident in Osceola County
- President of casino company dies in watercraft accident
- The ol' switcheroo: MHSAA could switch seasons amid pandemic
- Wexford County has 7 new COVID cases
- Cadillac man charged with fleeing police
- Traverse City men charged for part in Mesick incident, police ARO
- Lake, Missaukee, Osceola, Wexford see increases in COVID cases over the weekend
- Stacy L. Munson
- Munson regionalizes but Cadillac was ahead of the curve